"The Abbott government:
- Has dropped two years of Gonski funding to public schools.
- Has cut funding to public hospitals by $50b.
- Wants to deny the dole to unemployed under-30s for 6 months (in every year they’re unemployed).
- Wants to increase university feesand interest rates on student loans (and reduce the income threshold at which students start repaying their loans).
- Is trying to introduce a Medicare co-payment that would hit the poor, disabled and elderly the most, and stop many people seeking medical care when they need it.
- Is trying to allow hospitals to charge for visits to emergency rooms by patients with ailments that only require a visit to a GP. Again, this would hit the poor, disabled and elderly the hardest….”
Read the full article here.